Monday, January 24, 2011

History of T&T: Ong & New Media Documentaries

http://prezi.com/ccjdbkbrrfrk/eng6801-history-of-t-t-ong-new-media-documentaries/

This activity has been a labor of love...to say the least. I hope that everyone is able to access this prezi, and, more importantly, I hope that you are able to navigate through it without any problems. This is "prezi gone wild", but I like the disjointed, nonlinearity that it presents, so just continue clicking through, and it should become clear to you.

Thanks

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marvin,
    I was denied access by Prezi to view your presentation--not sure if others will have the same issue. I have an account, but not the "required permissions." Is it a public file?
    thanks,
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I updated a new link.....Hopefully this one works.....Pleaseet me know if it does not....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is....let me know.......if it does not work....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvin, the links works now, and you were right, what a wild ride! One thing your presentation shows through this format is how compressed our timeline of communication development becomes as we hit the twentieth century--the pace and changes are dizzying.

    I think I understand where you are coming from with the masses of connection we uncover through Ong's work--it's hard to pluck a micro-topic out of the macro perspective once you realize how connected everything is. Your Prezi chart reminds me of some of the cognitive maps that attempt to show how information is stored and retrieved in our brains, and the web-like network of associations that generate memory, learning, and action. I will be interested to follow your work as you progress.

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete