Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ong and Disability Access to Education

I had a lot of fun doing this, and conquered a bit of some technology snafus! My chart can be viewed here and my time line can be viewed here.

My focus for this was looking at how Ong's ideas fit in with access to education for students with disability. I found that I got lost in the history of the assistive technologies. I want to look more in to how oral culture was beneficial for the blind. I also found that there isn't a lot of research done on those with disabilities pre 1800's, they seem to be ostracized and viewed as "dumb." I'd like to look in to this a lot more. As for Ong I tried to relate his modes of communication with the assistive technologies they forced the creation of, and the political and legal ramifications of these technologies.

I'm looking forward to your input.
Thanks!
Krista Domin

No comments:

Post a Comment