Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ong and Markup

I have to preface this with a note that I'm not really proficient with Blogger (or blogs in general); it looks like I can't attach my file directly to this post. Instead, I'll have to ask everyone to download it from my Dropbox here. It's not a traditional presentation in that it doesn't go from beginning slide to end slide; instead, from the timeline slide, you can use your pointer to click on pictures to go to specific categories/time periods (e.g., literacy or secondary orality) out of order, if you wish.

My topic deals with markup, or the practice of making explicit interpretations about a text, in relation to Ong's modes of communications. In particular, I've noted how each mode (orality, literacy, and electracy, to borrow Ulmer's term) has correlating forms of markup.

Please enjoy, and comments are welcome!

- Will

No comments:

Post a Comment